Is the Omicron variant contagious?
The Omicron variant spreads more faster than the other variants.
What are the Omicron variant symptoms?
There is no information to suggest that Omicron causes different COVID-19 symptoms from other COVID-19 variants.
How severe is the Omicron variant?
Early findings suggest that Omicron is less severe than the Delta variant. However, studies are still ongoing and this information will be updated as it becomes available.
Am I at risk for the Omicron variant?
Unvaccinated people remain the greatest concern.
Does the COVID-19 vaccine protect against the Omicron variant?
WHO reports that so far it looks like the currently available vaccines offer significant protection against severe disease and death. It is also important to be vaccinated to protect against the other widely circulating variants, such as the Delta one. When it’s your turn, make sure to get vaccinated. If your vaccination involves two doses, it’s important to receive both in order to have the maximum protection.
How to protect you and your family from Omicron variant?
The most important thing you can do is reduce your risk of exposure to the virus. To protect yourself and your loved ones, make sure to:
– Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. Make sure that your hands are clean when you put on and remove your mask.
– Keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre from others.
– Avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces.
– Open windows to improve ventilation indoors.
– Wash your hands regularly.
– When it’s your turn, get vaccinated. WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.